Key application domains: biomedicine and human effectiveness, health care informatics, defence and intelligence (including sensor), social computing.
- Knowledge-enabled Computing and Computing for Human Experience:
Creation, extraction and application of knowledge and knowledge-based techniques for cyber-physical and socio-technical systems, including improved
perception and semantic techniques.
- Semantics-enabled services, sensor and social computing on the Web 3.0:
Includes Semantic Sensor Web, mobile semantic services (analysis of tweets and social networking), Citizen Sensor Networking and its combination with multi-level sensing for situational awareness, collective intelligence, advertisement on social networking site, smart/semantic mashups, annotation of
enterprise/WSDL and light-weight/RESTful/WebAPI services, cloud computing middleware--semantic approaches to leveraging multiple clouds.
- Semantic Web and Semantic Applications:
Domain model enhanced NLP and statistical techniques for information extraction, mining social content such as Wikipedia, spatio-temporal-thematic analytics, knowledge discovery and intermediation, multi-ontology and complex relations, semantic search/directory/personalization/analytics, Relationship
- Information Integration; Pan-Web and Enterprise Information Interoperability (including, Federated Information Systems, Multi-agent and information brokering architectures, ontology and metadata management).
- Web and Business Processes (Work Coordination and Collaboration Systems, Dynamic Trading Processes in E-Commerce, Multi-organization Business Processes and Workflow Management, Web-based Asynchronous and Synchronous Collaboration).
- Management of Rich Media Content and Information Sources, Digital Libraries
- Significant collaborations and applications in Bioinformatics, GIS, Healthcare, Financial, and National Security domains.