Associate Professor with tenure
Director of the Knowledge Engineering Lab
Kno.e.sis - Ohio Center of Excellence in Knowledge-enabled Computing
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
Dayton, Ohio, USA
I sometimes blog here: 2008-04-15, 2008-07-25, 2008-10-30, 2008-10-30, 2008-11-27, 2009-02-21, 2009-04-07, 2009-04-21, 2009-06-12, 2009-08-15, 2010-01-17, 2010-08-03, 2010-11-10, 2011-04-21, 2012-08-09
Main academic interests
Some keywords: semantic web, linked data, big data, ontology modeling, ontology language development, ontology alignment, data integration, knowledge representation, information systems, automated reasoning, machine learning, neural-symbolic integration, intelligent systems, conceptual structures, mathematical foundations.
Knowledge Engineering Lab
Selected Recent Events and Activities
- Neural-Symbolic Learning and Reasoning, Dagstuhl Seminar 14381, Dagstuhl, Germany, September 14-19, 2014. (organizer)
- S4BD2013, Semantics For Big Data, AAAI Fall Symposium, Arlington, VA, November 2013. (chair)
- ISWC 2013, 12th International Semantic Web Conference, Sydney, Australia, October 2013. (Sponsorships Chair; Senior Program Committee member; Poster and Demos track PC member)
- RR2013, Seventh International Conference on Web Reasoning and Rule Systems, Mannheim, Germany, 2013. (Steering Committee)
- ICCL Summer School 2013 on Semantic Web - Ontology Languages and Their Use, Dresden, Germany, August 2013. (chair)
- NeSy'13, Ninth International Workshop on Neural-Symbolic Learning and Reasoning, at the 23rd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Beijing, China, August 2012. (chair)
- IJCAI-13, 23rd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Beijing, China, August 2012. (PC member)
- IJCNN 2013, 2013 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Dallas, TX, August 2013. (PC member)
- AAAI-13, 27th AI Conference, Bellewue, WA, USA, July 2013. (Senior PC member)
- K-CAP 2013, 7th International Conference on Knowledge Capture, Banff, Alberta, Canada, June 2013. (Workshops and Tutorials chair)
- PODS 2013, 32th ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGART Symposium on Principles of Database Systems, New York, U.S.A., June 2013. (External Review Committee member for Semantic, Linked, Networked, and Crowdsourced Data)
- ESWC2013, 10th ESWC 2013, Montpellier, France, May/June 2013. (Chair of the reasoning track)
- Hypertext 2013, 24th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media, Paris, France, May 2013. (PC member)
- WWW2013, 22nd International World Wide Web Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 2013. (PC member)
- GeoVoCampSB2013, Santa Barbara, CA, March 2013. (co-organizer)
- ICCS2013, 20th International Conference on Conceptual Structures, Mumbai, India, January 2013. (Editorial board member)
Logic for Computer Scientists (CS2210), Fall 2013.
Discrete Structures and their Algorithms (CS 2200), Spring 2013.
Logic for Computer Scientists (CS 2210), Fall 2012.
Introduction to Discrete Structures (CS 1200), Fall 2012.
Knowledge Representation: Advanced Topics (CS 790), Spring 2012.
Computational Complexity and Algorithm Analysis (CS740), Spring 2012.
You can find some pictures of me in my Picture Gallery.
Some External Links.